Our Early Years Mentor has been working with the Early Years settings in the area – completing observations in a number of preschool and Early Start services using the Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECER’s). An individual training and mentoring plan will be developed for each service based on the findings of the ECER’s assessment and we will work to support staff in the services to improve quality.
Some 24 Early Years workers and teachers recently took part in training in the Incredible Years Classroom Dina Programme. Our role also involves working with the Early Start and Infant class teachers in primary schools in the area. We have also delivered some Aistear information workshops in the schools and have plans to deliver more in the near future.
One centre in the catchment area has agreed to take part in the Síolta Quality Assurance Programme and will aim for validation from the Early Years Education Policy Unit. This service will undertake to partake in the self assessment process with our support over the next two years.
We will also begin to deliver HighScope themed workshops later in the year, with a view to delivering a HighScope Implementation course in early 2016.
List of Early years settings
- Bawnogue Womens Development Group
- Deansrath Family Centre
- Dublin West Beechtree Community Childcare, Balgaddy
- Dublin West Kozy Kids, Deansrath
- Dublin West Limetree Community Childcare, Bawnogue
- Dublin West St. Ronans, Clondalkin
- First Steps, Rowlagh
- Hansel and Gretel Playschool and Afterschool, Balgaddy
- Honey Bears, Quarryvale
- Lively Ladybirds Daycare, Foxborough
- Ronanstown Community Childcare Centre
- Ronanstown Community Development Project, Clondalkin
- Rowlagh Parish Playgroup
- Scoil Nano Nagle Early Start, Bawnogue
- St. Bernadettes JNS Early Start, Quarryvale
- St. Peter Apostle Primary School Early Start, Neilstown